moving stuff back and forth between hospital and house (I had Jack on a Bank Holiday Weekend so I was there from Thu night to Mon morn...) 2nd time I still took more than I needed for even a 1 night stay. 3rd time, I went minimalist! And it worked! So I'm sticking to the same packing list for this, my last baby.
I'm planning on a holdall or small overnight case for me, and a well packed change bag for baby. If I can't fit it into 2 bags, I don't need it!
- 1 pair of PJs, lightweight coz the hosp is REALLY warm, and dark in case of (blush) leakage...
- 1 pair slippers
- A pack of BIG knickers, also dark fabric
- A nursing bra
- Something comfy (Maternity jeans & lose top good for breastfeeding) to come home in
- Maternity pads
- Toiletries bag packed for overnight stay (basics in mini-bottles)
- 1 pack disposable breast pads (I have washable ones for home) & Breast Shields (to sooth, shape nipples, and catch milk drips)
Mummy Survival Kit
- Lemonade (no added sugar)
- Chocolate! (with sugar, lol)
- Phone, iPad & chargers
- 2 Sleep suits
- 4 vests
- 1 lovely going home out fit!
- 1 pack disposable new born nappies (cloth nappies at home)
- 1 pack nappy sacks
- 1 bag of cotton wool
- Nursing cloth/muslin square (for spit/sick)
Trip Home (stays in the car until home-time)
- CAR SEAT!
Daddy Survival Kit
- Spare shirt
- Phone, charger & call list!